Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spencer's New Favorite

While browsing in the gourmet shop down the street, I found a little bottle of Heaven. It's Neera's Jamaican Jerk Spice Paste and it's the key ingredient in Spencer's new favorite meal. The meal takes a bit of forethought because the meat needs to marinate for 6-8 hours but if you plan ahead it's very easy to prepare.

The paste is mixed with either oil or yogurt (I prefer yogurt) and poured onto chicken. I usually mix it up in the morning, pour it right on to several frozen chicken breasts, cover and stick it in the fridge until evening. One bottle will make approximately 4 meals of 4 chicken breasts each.

Apparently true Jamaican Jerk Chicken is only grilled. I have baked mine, as well as used the George Foreman. The George is definitely much faster. With the warm weather approaching, this is a fantastic reason to fire up the barbecue.

Serve this tasty chicken with Jamaican Rice and steamed cabbage.

Look for Neera's Jamaican Jerk Spice Paste (or similar product) in your local gourmet or grocery store. It's definitely worth it.

3 comments:

Chad said...

I think that sounds amazing! I will have to check out our world foods and see if they carry it.

Tara said...

I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Granny said...

oooh, that looks good.