Tuesday, April 29, 2008

For Avocado Lovers Like Me

I received this super yummy sauce in a gift basket last Christmas. I use it to make my favorite sandwich. I start with a toasted whole wheat bagel (I've also done it with a whole wheat English muffin or bread) add cream cheese, turkey, some of this raspberry chipotle sauce and of course, lots of avocado slices. It's delicious!



Claim Jumper serves a "California Citrus Salad" that is a real favorite of mine. Here is my re-creation of this favorite. It has chopped lettuce, bleu cheese crumbles(I use gorgonzola), chopped nuts (I've used pecans, almonds or hazlenuts. I think the hazelnuts are my favorite), mandarin oranges, golden raisins, chopped apple and avocado. The dressing I use is pictured below. I think it tastes just like the real deal. Love it!


**Note: I took this to a luncheon the other day. It did not start on time and the salad got a bit soggy. My avocado was a bit soft and since I'd tossed it at home, then it sat on a counter for a while waiting for the lunch to start, I didn't taste nearly as good as is always does at home. So my suggestion is; serve immediately and add avocado after salad is tossed with the dressing.

3 comments:

Erin said...

That sauce sounds right up Spencer's alley! I wonder if I'd be able to find it somewhere out here.

Chad said...

That does sound good! Is the dressing sweet or sour?

Tara said...

hmmmm...a little of both, I'd say. And with all the great flavors going on in the salad it doesn't take much dressing.