Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kahlua Pork and Sticky Rice


4 Lbs Pork roast (I used a Picnic Roast)

Liquid Smoke

Hawaiian Salt (like rock salt, but smaller I found it at the asian market)


Make cuts in the raw roast, add some salt and liquid smoke to each cut, wrap roast tight in two layers of tin foil add 1 inch of water to the bottom of the crock-pot.


Roast on low in the crock-pot for 6 hours. After 6 hours take the roast out, clean off any extra fat and shred, add the shredded pork to the leftover liquid. We serve it with sticky rice and a ton of veggies.



3 comments:

Erin said...

So good! I made something similar once and it was great! The only bad part was that the Hawaiian Salt was really expensive. I hope you found yours at a better price!

Tara said...

That looks great and definitely something new and different for us.

Granny said...

I love Kalua pork. Now, if we could just find a way to reproduce the rest of Hawaii.