Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cookie Sunday #2



I made cookies again this Sunday. Spencer and I ate about 6 of them that night and the rest were packaged up for the good folks at JPMorgan. They took the trip to the city this morning to make their public debut.

Spencer came home tonight telling me that everyone at the office went crazy for them. He could very well be exaggerating but, he said they were all gone within one minute! Apparently they were such a hit that one man even came up to Spencer and told him that I need to market my cookies. "These are much better than Mrs. Fields", he said.

Oh, how I wish! If I could make some moolah just from baking little old cookies that would be amazing! I told Spencer that I would be more than willing to put them in cute little packages and he could sell them for a buck or two a piece. Unfortunately he doesn't feel comfortable trying to make money off of his co-workers. I don't exactly see a problem...they're willing to pay! We actually ended up discussing my options for about a half hour. But in the end, we decided it's a dream that will probably never been realized. Oh well, would be nice!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I don't see anything wrong with making money selling the cookies. I do it every year at the HOA garage sale. And I even charge my friends.

You could just put together a basket with packages of cookies and a small sign in the workroom and see what happens. I betcha anything they sell. And if you want even greater sales, set out a little sample plate. It's a great marketing tactic. As soon as people taste the sample, they can't resist buying.