Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cookie Sunday

I only bake on Sundays. Thanks to Family Fitness, I don't allow myself to eat sweets except for Sundays. I make cookies and give Spencer strict instructions that all remaining cookies must disappear by morning. They usually get wrapped up for visiting/home teachees or co-workers. I refuse to have cookies sitting around staring at me all week!

I'm a sucker for a great chocolate chip cookie. I usually make the Tollhouse recipe (I have it memorized) and I've prefected it to a yummy delight. My former co-workers used to rave when I showed up with a platter-full.

The past two weeks, I've decided to play around with the recipe. This week, I added oatmeal, peanut butter and butterscotch chips. The result was similar to Tara's favorite. They were delicious!

2 Sticks Butter, softened
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 3/4 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Cups Oatmeal
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Butterscotch Chips

You may have noticed that the cookies in the picture above are on my cake stand. Don't worry, they won't be allowed to stay there!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I know what you mean about the staring cookies. Why can't they just look somewhere else! :) You're smart to get rid of them by day's end.

The recipe does look really similar to mine. I love the idea of butterscotch chips. But then Caleb wouldn't eat them which would leave me with even more staring cookies.

He actually asked me to make some last night but I had to turn him down since my treat day was on Saturday and I just didn't think I could bear to make them but be able to partake!

Granny said...

YUMO!!!!