Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Made It

Last night I made one of our favorites: Thai Peanut Chicken. I got it from a chicken recipe book Spencer's dad gave me. The recipe is for one but I've increased it to make enough for both of us and have some leftovers too. We love it!

4 Chicken Breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
2-3 Garlic Cloves, pressed
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 Cup Water
4 Tbsp Peanut Butter
8 tsp Rice Vinegar
8 tsp Soy Sauce
Crushed Red Pepper, to taste (I usually add a lot cause we like heat)
1 Cup White Rice

Saute chicken in a little bit of oil with garlic and ginger until no longer pink. As chicken is cooking, start cooking rice. In a 2 cup measuring cup whisk together water, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce and crushed red pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and continue to cook until it thickens, about 10 minutes. Serve over rice.

Weight Watchers Points (with rice): 9

I hope you all try it and like it!

No comments: