Thursday, May 22, 2008

Veggie Tales

In order to maintain a heart-healthy lifestyle, Spencer and I have decided to incorporate one or two meatless meals into our weekly menu.

I went to All Recipes for some inspiration and found some really great dishes:

Black Bean Lasagna - This was delicious! Spencer had no idea it didn't have any meat in it until I told him. I nixed the bell peppers, cause I'm not a fan and only used about 1 and 1/3 avocados. I hope you try it.

Zucchini Casserole - There are many variations of this casserole but I chose this one. I actually did add a little bit of chicken (it was far outweighed by the veggies) because it felt a little too side-dishy. Spencer really loved this one too!


Others on our waiting-to-try list:

Eggplant Rollatini - The recipe calls for prosciutto but I plan to leave it out.

Eggplant Parmesan - Another meal with many different variations. Use this one or other favorite.

Spinach Mushroom Quiche - I can't wait to try this one! It sounds so good to me.

All Recipes has tons of tasty looking meatless dishes to try. I hope you find some you enjoy! Here's to your health!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Thanks for the recommendations, they both look like things we would like. Not sure I could get the kids to go for them but they look great to me.