Thursday, January 15, 2009

Potatoes

So we have been cooking a lot more at home and working on different varieties too. So here are 2 different kind of potatoes done kind of the same way. First Sweet potatoes.
And then Red Potatoes.
Cut either in cubes or in half and then I pre-cooked the Sweet Potatoes since they take so much longer to cook. I put them in a Steamer in bag in the microwave and set it for 5 minutes. Both sweet and red were cooked in a couple of teaspoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Toasting each cut side, and then putting a lid for about 3 minutes. After that you season them however you like. For both I cleared a small spot in the middle of the pan, let my garlic cook for about 30 seconds and then stirred the potatoes.
For the sweet potatoes I added some smoked paprika (my new fav spice), salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of brown sugar. For the red potatoes, I added some herb mix that had rosemary, onion, garlic, pepper, and then a little Parmesan cheese.
Talk about amazing, Chad's only complaint was that I didn't make enough.

No comments: