Here is what you need:
Two pairs of old pantyhose
Orange and green poster paint and a paintbrush
Two rubber bands
Hot Glue Gun
Here is what you do (see picture of steps below):
- Cut the four legs off the pantyhose. Arrange the legs crossing over each other at the center like spokes of a wheel. Glue the legs together at the point where they all cross over each other.
- Cut the toe end off the foot of the pantyhose so that all the legs are open at the ends.
Stuff all sections of pantyhose with fiberfill. Leave about 6 inches at the end of each stocking unstuffed.
- Pull the eight sections up and around to the center to form a pumpkin. Hold the sections together with a rubber band.
- Braid the excess stocking ends together to make a stem for the pumpkin. Hold the braided stem in place with another rubber band.
- Paint the pumpkin orange and the stem green. (As you can see, I chose not to paint the stem). Tie ribbon around stem. You can turn this pumpkin into a jack-o'-lantern by gluing on a face cut from black felt.