Monday, September 29, 2008

Ham and Potato Bake

I found this one on a Better Home and Gardens recipe search. I tried it out on Saturday and it was fabulous! It only serves four so I doubled it to ensure tasty leftovers.

Ham and Potato Bake

1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, sliced (I used red cause that's what I had)
1 8-oz. tub light cream cheese spread with chive and onion
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. snipped fresh tarragon OR 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon, crushed
8 oz. cooked boneless ham, cut in bite-sized slices
1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut in 2 to 3-inch pieces
Tarragon sprigs (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In medium saucepan cook potatoes, covered, in small amount of lightly salted boiling water 5 to 7 minutes, just until tender. Drain; transfer to bowl and set aside.
2. For sauce, in same saucepan combine cream cheese, milk, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat and whisk until smooth and cheese is melted. Remove from heat; stir in tarragon.
3. Layer potatoes, ham, asparagus, and sauce in 1-1/2-quart baking dish. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle remaining Parmesan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Top with tarragon and freshly ground black pepper.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I'm not sure how much my family would like it but it sure looks YUM to me! It's SO hard for me to be in a family of picky eaters.