Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thai Chicken Curry

This recipe was the closest thing I could find to a favorite dish that I always get when we go the Mariner's games. I served it at the family reunion and am posting it at Emily's request. It's super easy, really fast and so yummy!

1/8 C red curry paste
1 can coconut milk
1 1/2 tbsp. fish sauce
1/8 C sugar
3/4 C shredded bamboo shoots
1/2 of red pepper sliced julienne
1/4 of an onion finely chopped
Chicken breast--about 2 large

I usually just throw the chicken in the crockpot early in the afternoon and slice it and stir it in at the end but you can stir-fry it before cooking the veggies if you'd rather. Mix the paste with half of the milk, whisking until combined. Saute veggies in wok until crisp tender. Add the remaining ingredients, including other half of coconut milk and cook until warmed through. Serve over rice and like to add chopped nuts on top.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks so much, Tara! I am going to make this for a recipe swap/sample thingy next week :)

Amy said...

This sounds wonderful!

Tara said...

I forgot to say that I usually add shredded carrots. It's a good addition.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.