Sunday, August 31, 2008

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I spent many years in search of the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. Everyone's taste is different when it comes to the right chocolate chip cookie but this recipe, given to me by my neighbor, suits our family's taste buds perfectly!

1C butter
1C shortening
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C brown sugar
4 eggs
Dab of hot water
2 tsp. vanilla
4 1/2 C flour
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. salt
1/2 C oatmeal
1/2 C peanut butter
chocolate chips (I only use milk chocolate chips. Semisweet just don't compare in my opinion)

Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs, water, vanilla and peanut butter. Add all dry ingredients. Drop onto cookie sheets (I use only stones) and bake at 350 for 10-12 min.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Yum! Thanks!!

Amy said...

So, do you taste the peanut butter? As they sound divine, I just can't handle peanut butter right now.

Tara said...

I think the PB is really subtle but if you're sensitive to it, you might not like them.

Emily said...

I can taste the peanut butter, but love that it's subtle. I think that's what I love about these though!