Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sweet Chili

I had this recipe at a bridal shower a little over a month ago and had picked up all the ingredients this last week (yep all 5 of them) and decided this morning a half hour before church started that I would make it. 5 minutes later, yes don't fall over! That was as long as it took to open the cans, I also browned up the meat in a couple teaspoons of Olive Oil and threw everything in.
This was wonderful! Our house awesome when we got home from church, I cooked ours on high so it would give me time to make corn bread and be done when Chad got home from a meeting and before I left for another meeting.
1 pound cubed stew meat
2 stalks diced celery
2 cans chili bean, undrained
2 cans diced tomatoes (the one with basil, garlic and oregano)
2 TBS to 4 TBS Brown Sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
Brown meat in 2 tsp of Olive Oil. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
Serve with fresh rolls or corn bread.

1 comment:

Granny said...

Sounds good! We'll have to try that one.